Elite 1 Restoration


Mold, whether visible or hidden, poses significant problems in indoor spaces. It can disrupt daily life by affecting air conditioning, heating, and ventilation systems. Essentially, mold is a type of fungus that thrives on damp and decaying surfaces. It’s a natural component of environments with moisture and oxygen. However, if left unchecked, it can lead to health issues and mar the appearance of your spaces. Professional mold removal is crucial to address these concerns effectively.

If you think you have a mold and it is becoming hard to contain in one place or get rid of it, you need to hire a professional. Professionals are well-versed individuals who can get the job done responsibly and efficiently.

How do professionals remove mold?

1. HEPA vacuum

HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air. It is an air filter used to filter the air in the targeted mold areas. This vacuum is put in the target areas to remove airborne impurities-like air contamination from molds in the area. The vacuum is extremely powerful, as it traps all the mold spores while releasing clean air. Making the air quality better cleaner and free of mold contaminants.

 2. Spraying chemicals in the moldy area

One of the chemicals used for clearing mold is Consortium mold control. It is a strong chemical; it is sprayed in the targeted area to kill the fungus. It also has a strong scent that works to kill all the bacteria present.

 3. EPA-registered disinfectant

EPA stands for Environmental Protection Agency. Professionals are allowed to purchase these strong chemicals so they can use them to fight off strong bacteria like molds.

 4. Wiping down surfaces

As molds can be in very small spaces too this can result in the cabinets touching the moldy spaces etc. Professionals wear their PPE suits to deal with such encounters. By hiring professionals, they use micro-fiber cleaning cloths to wipe down any area and the contaminated spaces. Hence this removes any lingering spores left in the area.

 5. Electrostatic sprayer

It is used by professionals to spray the targeted surface with a machine so the chemicals are equally distributed in the area, through an even application, and have the same intensity to kill the molds.

Health risks associated with mold

There are a lot of unhealthy traits of mold on the health ranging from mild to serious conditions. Below is a list of the following;

Allergic reactions

One of the most common health problems is the allergy to the molds that are found in spaces. People experience symptoms like watery eyes, runny nose, itching, sneezing coughing, and wheezing, leading to difficulty in breathing and an uneasy lifestyle.

Skin rashes

One of the other problems having mold present is that it can cause skin rashes, sometimes it is due to it being present in the air and sometimes individuals accidentally come into contact with the moldy spaces and forget to wash their hands and touch the different parts in the body leading to skin rashes in the body.

 Respiratory illness

As molds contaminate the air, it can result in the air being dirty and, in some conditions, hazardous. Hence inhaling this air can affect your respiratory tracts, especially people who have weak lungs, it can affect them more as it becomes hard for them to filter the air. Not only this but it affects people who have asthma as it can result in giving them asthma attacks. People with pneumonia or also more prone to mold-related illness as it becomes hard for the weak lungs to cope with the smell and the contaminated air.  

DIY or Professional mold removal; which one should you choose? 

The difference between professional and do-it-yourself is that professionally you can get heavy equipment and strong chemicals, whereas doing it yourself at home you can use over-the-counter supplies as well as kitchen supplies like baking soda, vinegar, etc.

Choosing between these two is very easy, if you think that you have a lot of space that is covered in mold you should choose the latter option which is to get it done professionally. Getting it done professionally will ensure that it has been treated from the tiniest of places and it can be a long-term solution to get the mold out. While doing it yourself, you will have to be very careful when interacting with such a space. You need to be fully equipped and make sure to wear gloves, etc.

If you are on a budget, it is feasible to do it yourself, but if you are willing to spend a few more it will be beneficial if you get it professionally done.

Getting it done professionally will save you time as they are well-trained and you will not have to go through the hassle of buying the protective clothing and getting a hold of the supplies. 

If you are to remove it yourself you need to do your research on how to effectively remove the bacteria and not just the covering of it, if a professional is hired they will know exactly what to do and what is what. 

Moreover, doing it yourself can tend to get risky for you and the environment if some accidental spills occur, whereas professionals make sure to come well-equipped with all the important tools required. 

Final thoughts

We have established that molds can give an unpleasant look to the spaces along with that they can cause various illnesses. It is important that you get rid of it as soon as you can. Hence, as strong chemicals are required to get rid of it, it is essential to hire a professional mold removal to prevent any other damage while removing molds. Professional experts have the knowledge, skills, and the right equipment to remove the pesty mold once and for all.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *